Meet your maker: Annie Sloan
Annie Sloan is one of the world’s most respected experts in the field of decorative painting. Having written more than twenty books, created global phenomenon decorative Chalk Paint ® and teaching all over the world, we are thrilled to have Annie as a guest expert at the Fair! Annie will be joining the Super Theatre line up each day over the creative weekend for an enlightening talk with Cressida Bell on the Friday, a live demonstration with Kirstie on the Saturday, and a surprise guest on Sunday! Get to know a little bit more about our brilliant expert in this 5 minute interview and make sure you don’t miss her at the Fair!
1. What are you most excited about The Handmade Fair? I love the country Fete feel about the Fair… and I love the really good food! But best of all I like looking for interesting stallholders selling good, interesting and unusual pieces. Last year I bought a terrific Japanese inspired dress, a little Indian silk jacket and a bag! All for very good prices!!
2. If you were a biscuit what would you be and why? A handmade Florentine!!
3. What’s your biggest fear? Fears? Fear of not being able to paint anymore.
4. What inspires you most? What inspired me? Art! Paint! Fashion!
5. Tell us something most people don’t know about you? I love boxing and I have a boxing coach!
6. What are you known for? Chalk Paint! I initially made it 27 years ago
7. What’s your biggest achievement? Maintaining my values despite all the difficulties in developing my business.